The Insights Conference is headed to Nashville, and the SMP Team will once again be participating in the Annual Conference and Solutions Pavilion. SMP will also host a special session on Thursday, May 21 at 10 AM, titled "Sales Efficiencies = Sales Growth" where we'll discuss Distribution Sales Management Best Practices and offer a preview of our live hooks into the Eclipse ERP. Be sure to join us!
Your Action Plan for More Efficient Sales Meetings
Here’s a quick action summary that will make your next sales meeting immediately more productive. This plan assumes you have the right technology in place. If you don’t have a distribution-centric CRM or are unfamiliar with the best ways to use your CRM, you should first spend some time investigating new technology or training options.
- Stop using sales meetings to discuss non-sales issues. Instead, consider using concise emails to communicate product updates, HR issues and other non-sales information
- Prepare for your next sales meeting by running a report of your sales reps’ activities, pipeline and key metrics. Your CRM system should make this a push-button operation that takes minutes, not hours. Train your team to prepare for meetings by accessing their own information so you are on the same page.
- Explain to your team that from this point forward, sales meeting will be about helping each other improve—no more griping, brow-beating, complaining or other distractions. From now on, sales meetings will be about:
- Reviewing key metrics
- Tracking and discussing decisions and action items inside your CRM system
- Reinforcing key communications with carefully crafted templates, scripts and marketing assets
- Laying the groundwork for coaching and collaboration both inside and outside the meeting
- Commit to coaching your team by creating playbooks inside of your CRM system.
- If you haven’t already done so, outline the steps in your sales cycle and map key actions sales people should take in each stage.
- Make your marketing and sales assets easily deployable in your CRM system.
- Track and monitor your sales peoples’ activities to help them mirror each other’s best behavior. Send notes daily for ideas and encouragement based on their actual activities and metrics.
- Find reasons to celebrate weekly if not daily.